Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ahoy Mates!!

Well, today was one of those "super score" days! Zane and I were driving along returning home from storytime at the library and I spied alongside the road this crazy tugboat!! Well, at first I thought to myself... "well, I will get Paul and come back and check it out." And then, I drove for a couple more seconds and thought, "no way! it may not be there when I get back!." So, I flipped the car around and pulled over to check it out. Well, I had to drag it about 20 feet from where I could park the car but then when I lifted it up to get it in I thought, "oh crap. This is not going to fit. Sad." But I wiggled and pushed a bit more and it popped right into that trunk of mine! If the boat was just one centimeter wider it would no way have fit into that car! It must have been meant to be! I didn't even have any bungees or anything... the thing didn't even budge an inch on the way home. I think it is really a pool but the plug is missing and I think we want to make it a sand box anyway. I just need to come up with something to cover it with. That should be interesting. If anyone has any ideas, please pass them on to me...

I think if I was driving down the road and saw this I would have giggled a bit to myself!


The Good Ole Tugboat!


And just in case you all thought we might plan a voyage on this sucker... we are prohibited!


I of course let Zane inspect the vessel as soon as I dragged it out of the trunk. I think he thought it was mighty cool. Maybe in need of a good scrub down though.


Ahoy Mates! Out of my way! Argg.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:39 AM

    What a great sandbox! I can only think of a large sheet of vinyl to cover it with. Or a plastic paint drop cloth. You can anchor it with 4 bricks on the corners. He needs a captain's hat, then he'll be a real shrimper! xxxooo NANA

    ReplyDelete