Tuesday, February 05, 2008

This is why we do it...

A few pictures as to why I still love doing the organic produce co-op with our friends...

Two weeks ago we got some snap peas and Zane loved it when I opened them up for him and he could eat the peas out of them.









Today we got blueberries which is a BIG favorite for both of the boys. I think they went through about 2 pints of blueberries in one day!
Oh the goods... butter lettuce, beets, turnips, carrots, fingerling potatoes, grape tomatoes, red navel oranges, fuji apples, and blueberries... YUM!
... and I just have to fire up the oven and bake all my big and beautiful beets! They were huge and the greens were beautiful and washed and wrapped up and put in the frig.
All cut up and in the frig for quick use for salads and anything else that crosses my path!

2 comments:

  1. OH, what a great post. I'm glad we both feel the same about the co-op!
    AND...I made the beet and turnip salad from the newsletter and it was wonderful!
    Gosh those kids are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. zane must take after his auntie lala.. i still love opening up snap peas and eating the peas.

    ReplyDelete